Rector's Reflection: Keeping in the Loop!
Last night on Compline I mentioned something about a conversation with a developer who is interested in our Gale House land (which we are not necessarily selling), and someone said, "Wait, what? I have been out of the loop for a couple weeks- what's happening?!" It can be easy to miss big things happening in our church community when our connections with one another remain distanced. I want to make sure you all are in the loop on (1) our in-person worship this Sunday, (2) the Annual Meeting next Sunday, and (3) the conversations that have been happening around our property and the property next door to us.
Regathering: We are so looking forward to worshiping with you on Sunday! There will be a family formation program in Sherrill Hall before our 10am service, and a High School/Confirmation program beginning in Sherrill Hall at 4pm. All of this feels right and good with a glimmer of "at last!"
A couple things about our coming back together in person this time around:
- You do not need to register to come to church, just arrive with enough time to be guided by our ushers and re-gatherers.
- Those who arrive for worship after the available pews are full will be brought down to Sherrill Hall to attend church zia Zoom on the big screen.
- If you have any symptoms or feel vulnerable to viruses or icy roads, do join us on-line at 10am rather than coming to E Central Street. Our on-line options remain in place.
- Masks are still mandated at all times, by all people while indoors. The only exception being that the readers and clergy may unmask when speaking at the lectern (but not at the altar).
- Our windows will be closed and the heat will be turned up to 64 degrees. We will be using air purifiers to help with our air quality and movement. You may still want layers.